Thursday, September 2, 2010

I love my AGE!

I think this title was pretty witty, since AGE is the name of the place I am internship with :-)

Today was my first day at AGE and it went really well. I got there early so I got a coffee from a place really close to the office and finally updated my journal! I had to be at AGE at 10 so I went in a little early because I had nothing else to do. I have a desk and computer of my own :-) I started off by meeting a couple people at the office, seeing how to work my email, and then got my first assignment!

Today I worked on reading over an 85 page document and making sure the English was correct and made sense. As a place where people from all over Europe work they just wanted someone who spoke English natively to read it. After that I just spent time emailing and talking to people at the office, and starting to figure out when I will work and what I will work on. I go back tomorrow and then we will see when exactly I will be working.

Earlier this week my friend Mario and I went to the Atomium. It's a giant iron atom that was built for the 1958 World's Fair. It was sooooo big, I can't describe it haha. People are allowed to go inside I think 4 of the spheres and in each one there are different exhibits in them. You can also take an elevator to the top sphere and you are able to see an amazing view of the city.

The rest of my week has been pretty chill. The house is in a uproar trying to get ready for Saturday's party. I guess 90 children and 100 adults are coming to the party in the afternoon and 100 adults to the party in the evening. It will be pretty crazy but I think a lot of fun!

I will try to post some pics soon, but unfortunately on Monday I lost my camera bag and with that the little thing I need for uploading pics.

Tchao!

No comments:

Post a Comment